Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby Weight

So Thursday Peyton will be 5 months old. It seems like it's been longer than 5 months since I had her. When I first got pregnant I weighed 135 pounds. I was so active and fit when I got pregnant. I was going to the gym, lifting weights, running and playing soccer. I try to take care of my body so getting pregnant was a new experience for me. At first it wasn't that bad because I was walking a lot and determined to stay pretty fit during the pregnancy. But that changed towards the end. My belly was so big I would get tired really fast and it was hard to really exercise. Right before I had Peyton my weight was 195 (60 pounds I know, not something I'm proud of but at least I didn't cross the 200 pound mark). When I finally weighed myself once I got home from the hospital I weighed 158. So I still had a ways to go to get back to 135. I had to have a C section with Peyton which meant that I had to wait longer to go back to exercising. It really was a process recovering as anyone who's had a C section would understand. Once I was finally cleared to exercise I found it difficult to find the time. Peyton doesn't sleep very long in the day and I wasn't motivated. I also had developed some really bad eating habits while pregnant. Recently though I challenged my self to not eat sweets for a whole month and I did it!! I knew I needed to eat better and it was crazy to see how many sweets and calories I was resisting. I've also been jogging with Peyton and by myself. I really love running. I find it to be very relaxing. I now weigh 152.5 which I think is pretty good. I'm still a ways away from my starting weight but I know I can get there. Having a baby is definitely a huge sacrifice a girl can make on her body. I have more and more respect for my mom everyday now. It's a lot of work but worth every bit of it. Slowly I will get back to where I want to be, but one thing is for, I will definitely take better care of my body with the next one!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's crazy to think all that our poor bodies go through to have a baby! You look so good by the way. I didn't loose all my baby weight until after I stopped or significantly reduced (due to solids)breastfeeding.