Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Last Week

So last week was very hectic for us. Both Richie and I were asked to participate in our ward roadshow. Not every body knows what that is but basically each ward in the stake comes up with a little performance (pretty much a mix of a skit and a musical) and travels to each building in the stake performing for the guests. The theme this time was stand for something. So our ward decided to go with being a good friend. Richie was in charge of a group of people that would sing the songs along with the performers to help make it louder and I was asks to write lyrics to a song and come up with a dance that the young moms in t he ward could perform. I was nervous but it all came together and worked out in the end. We had practice every Wednesday night for about 2 months and then the actual show was last Friday March 25th. The show went really great. I brought my camera but totally spaced and didn't take any pictures. It was such a pain because we had Peyton with us and had to keep getting in and out of the car to go to each building. Overall she did really well for us though. Our stake hadn't done a roadshow since I was a senior in high school (2003) so it was fun to be a part of it and help explain to the youth what exactly a roadshow was.

Earlier on Friday we finally got another car! Richie takes the car to work everyday so I have been so dependent on my family to come pick me up each day so I'm not stuck at home. They've been awesome about it too. It's been so nice living close to my family. But we were really fortunate to get a great tax return this year and decided to get a second car. The Anaheim Mission was selling their cars and so I looked on the list and they happened to have Toyota Corollas which is what we wanted. We ended up getting a 2007 white Corolla with only 56,500 miles on it. I was a little surprised with the condition of the car though. I just can't understand how missionaries could do some of the things that were done to the car. But after I gave it a good clean it looked awesome. We really got a great deal on it and we couldn't be happier with it:) We've been wanting to take a trip to Utah but we knew our other car (2003 Cavalier) wouldn't make it. So now we have a good car which means Utah here we come!

Then Saturday, March 26th was my birthday! We started the day off by meeting my sister and mom for breakfast at a local place. I love going to breakfast and don't get to do it that often so it was really nice. Then my mom took me shopping while Richie watched Peyton. It was so nice to get a break and go enjoy myself. I got a really cute outfit and everything was on sale so I still get to do more shopping later. Richie surprised me with a necklace from Brighton and the Panic at the Disco cd. They finally came out with a new cd after a few years. They are my favorite band and if you're wondering whether or not you should get it, you should because it is awesome!! Seriously, I love every song. I was also able to finally get a new cell phone. I've been eligible for an upgrade for over a year now but Richie wants a smart phone and we can't afford the monthly data plan charges, so I didn't know that I could still upgrade without him. But I found out that I could and I could care less about a smart phone. I just text and make calls so I finally ordered one. I got the LG Cosmo Touch. It's pretty cool and definitely better then the Razor!! Richie's parents got me a pretty ring. Ever since I had Peyton I barely wear my wedding ring because I scrap her with it all the time. I had mentioned that I wanted a ring to wear until she gets older that in flat with diamonds so they got me one. They aren't real diamonds of course but I love it and think it is very pretty. We finished off the day with a Cold Stone cake at my moms house. It was a good day. I can't believe I'm 26. It just feels weird. I feel like 30 in creeping up on me and before I know it it'll be here!!

No comments: