Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update

Things seem to be so crazy lately. There is always somewhere to go or something to do. But to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have it any other way. I figured I should give a little update of what our lives have been like lately.

Richie:
-Is busy as ever at his job. He works for Consolidated Fire Protection. It's a company that deals with big corporations like Walmart and Kohls. They basically make sure that their fire and sprinkler systems are functioning properly. It keeps him very busy and he is always working overtime which is nice because we get the extra money but it also stinks because we don't get to have him home as much.
-He was asked by his uncle who is a financial planner to re-write a book for his company. Since they are having issues with the current author, his uncle thougtht it was a good way for Richie to get involved with his company. Hopefully he can get a better job. It also looks really nice on his resume.
-He's playing on a couple softball leagues. Since he sits around all day at a desk he tries to find time to be active. He loves playing and wants to practrice all the time.
-He's very excited that a Dallas team finally won a championship. It had been a while but the Mavericks gave him something to smile abaout. Now he's just hoping that the football lock out ends before the new season starts up.

Jenn:
-My life revolves around Peyton. Taking care of a child is a full time job! But I love all the time I get to spend with her and wouldn't have it any other way.
-I'm going on morning walks with my sister Shannon. Although I'm not as much of a trooper as her (she pushes two kids in a stroller and has a one month old in a Baby Bjorn) I find it nice to get out every morning and tone my legs. Plus I enjoy being able to talk with my sister.
-I've decided to eat no sweets and do the Jillian Michael's workouts every day for the month of July. I'm ready to shed the last of my pregnancy weight. We're gonna be seeing family in August so I figured I need to get down to business and get it done!

Peyton:
-She's officially crawling. She has been for a few weeks now. She started at about 7 months which I think is early. It's nice in a sense that she can entertain herself with toys but I'm also chasing her a lot. Why is it that babies always want what they can't have? She can also pull herself up, which means if I'm on the couch then that's where she's headed. I have to admit that I love that she always wants to be around me.
-She loves the water and the beach. When we're not at the beach we're in the pool or playing on the slip n slid. She couldn't get enough. She's definitely a California baby!
-She loves her cousins. She gets to see her cousins Luke, Matt, Wes, Jake and Caden pretty much everyday and they love to make her smile. She enjoys seeing all of them and I can tell she's anxious to be able to join in all the fun with them.
-She's getting so big! I can't believe she'll be 8 months next week. Time flies. She's growing so much and already wears 9 month clothes and even some 12 month stuff.
-She also knows how to clap now. It just happened all of the sudden. I guess singing "If You're Happy and You Know It" has paid off.

No comments: